2018 NAB Show Call for Papers
We’re accepting proposals for Broadcast Engineering and Information Technology Conference (BEITC). The BEITC will be held at the 2018 NAB Show on April 7 – 12 in Las Vegas, Nev. Proposals will be accepted until October 23, 2017.
We are looking for proposals that fall under the following topics:
- All-Digital AM & FM HD Radio
- Audio over IP / SIP / AES 67
- FM HD Radio Power Increase
- FM Translators
- Other New Radio Technologies
- ATSC 3.0 / Next-Gen TV
- OTT Technologies
- Immersive & Personalized Audio for Next-Gen TV
- SCTE 224 Event Scheduling and Notification Interface
- Ultra HD / High Dynamic Range Video
- Video over IP / SMPTE
- Other New Television Technologies
- Advanced Newsgathering
- Drones / UAVs for Broadcast Use
- Big Data Analytics / Applications
- Artificial Intelligence Applications for Broadcast
- Cloud Technology (including In-house “Clouds” and Practical Hybrid Solutions)
- Broadcast Facility Design
- Broadcast IT Topics
- Broadcast Workflows
- Consumer Technologies
- Voice Interaction Applications for Broadcast
- Data Management and Navigation
- Regulatory Issues
- Spectrum Usage (e.g., Wireless mics, Use of White Spaces, etc.)
- TV Repack Issues
- Software-based / Virtualized Video Processing
Proposal Requirements and Deadlines
- Proposals for technical papers featuring original research or rarely seen yet highly regarded speakers will receive very favorable consideration.
- All content proposed should be presented in a tutorial, non-promotional form. Proposals overtly promoting company products or services will not be accepted, although proposals explaining the underlying technologies used in broadcast products or services may be considered. (Note that NAB Show® offers Info Sessions on a space-available basis for companies seeking to promote their services. Click here for Info Session details.)
- Proposals for 2018 BEITC papers must be submitted by October 23, 2017 in order to be considered.
- Incomplete proposals will not be considered.
- Written papers accompanying BEITC presentations are highly encouraged, and will be included in the Proceedings of the 2018 Broadcast Engineering and IT Conference, available at the NAB Store at the 2018 NAB Show and online at www.nabstore.com. Guidelines and deadlines for the Proceedings papers will be distributed after the 2018 BEITC papers are selected and the conference program is finalized.
- BEITC papers will be presented in either of two session formats: 1) “Traditional,” timed, on-stage presentations, with visual aids projected on a large screen, followed by Q&A, or 2) “Electronic poster” sessions (called BEIT Engage! sessions), in which the presenter speaks directly and at greater length to a group of attendees at close proximity (without using sound reinforcement), with visual aids presented on a large LCD screen immediately adjacent to the presenter. If your paper is selected, you will be notified in which session format your paper will appear.
NEW FOR 2018
- To better accommodate the high demand for papers at BEITC, on-stage paper presentations will be limited to 20 minutes. It is highly recommended that this be allocated by presenters as follows: 15 minutes of prepared remarks, followed by 5 minutes of Q&A. BEIT Engage! sessions will be limited to 80 minutes, which can be allocated at the presenter’s option between prepared remarks and Q&A or extended discussion with attendees.
- All paper proposals will be required to include the selection of one of the topics of interest for the 2018 BEITC listed above.