What is an experience, service or application in a connected car specific to someone in an automobile that isn’t their own (i.e., rental car, ride share, a friend’s car, etc.)? The service could focus on someone traveling for business, pleasure or around town in a normal day.
One week before the event, Avis Budget Group will provide a 30-minute WebEx overview on how to access the simulated telematics data from a car. The data includes:
- Car brand, make, and model
- Trim level
- Other ancillary products – i.e. ski racks, curbside
- Android Auto / CarPlay capabilities
- Is XM purchased?
- Miles driven
- Anonymized location data
- Drive time stats (number of drives/miles per drive)
- Ignition on/off
- Seat belt sensor data (indicates number of people on vehicle)
- Car seat (may determine leisure or business, or some other indicator)
- Average speed
- Business/leisure Indicator (from rental reservation)
- Prestige category (Avis Rewards program)
- Active Avis Budget app user (or not)
- Length of rental
- Rental booking source (online, mobile, phone, in-person,)
- Airline arrival or departure information
Why should we participate?
During this 2-day event, participants will:
- Gain hands-on experience with connected car applications that interface with telematics data;
- Discover new opportunities afforded this technology;
- Be inspired to uncover new interactive ideas and services for connected cars.
How does this work?
- One week before the event, Avis Budget Group will make simulated telematics data available to participants along with a 30-minute WebEx overview on how to access that data.
- On the first day, an overview and deep dive on the platform will be provided. Teams will have the opportunity to brainstorm and refine their ideas during the first and second day.
- At the conclusion, teams will demonstrate their ideas and explain how these would be used.
Who should attend?
Interested organizations should send teams of 2 to 4 employees from their digital groups. Experience in the following areas should be represented on each team:
- Application development in a web and/or mobile environment;
- Content production and planning for an interactive and/or broadcast environment.